Hello and welcome to my first ever blog! It’s the first time I’ve taken the bold step of “putting myself out there” on the web – I don’t update my Facebook status and have never tweeted in my life. However, I have decided to grab life by the horns and…well…create a blog. A diary of my thoughts on life, fashion, make-up, hair, handbags, office politics, family politics, social politics, conquering the world and generally making sure we all look fabulous along the way.
I was never aware of this “talent” of mine until I started temping at a Government department and met a team of lovely ladies, self-titled “The Ladies Central Bureau of Investigations” Every morning I would receive compliments on my outfit and questions on my style. Over a period of time I became known as “the fashionable one”; one Lady Investigator (Lady BK) commenting that I could make a “sack look like Burberry”. I was encouraged by another Lady Investigator (the Baroness) to offer tips to others and start publishing those tips online. Hence I find myself here.
Now I don’t profess to know a lot about fashion or have the ability to look good in a sack. I am no Gok Wan (although I do love that man!). I am, by no means, a trendsetter or dedicated follower of fashion. I don’t do funky/grungy/rock chick/bag lady, but I do know how to pull together a decent office outfit and avoid a dinner date dress disaster. I’m all about elegant, classic, glamour (with some key latest season fashions thrown in for a bang up to date look). I know what suits me and that I think is the key to putting together any look. So ladies, here is Tip Number One:
Know your body – try and figure out what kind of shapes suit you and stick with it. For example, if you are super petite then wearing a long flowy voluminous maxi dress is only going to drown you. If you have wide hips, don’t wear an A’line skirt as it will only make you look wider. Everything is about proportion, so learn how to make yourself look proportionate in the clothes you wear.
So girls, go stand in front of the mirror for a while and figure out your figure…
In the meantime, I look forward to receiving your thoughts and comments on my new blog.
Goodbye Everybody!
Nx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mrs B would just like to say "well done to Mrs C for finally plucking up the courage to start her fashion blog" and also "hoorah for we can finally be saved for bad work-wear days" (of which I have found myself in plenty) - looking forward to reading all about it and Gok Wan, eat your heart out!
ReplyDeleteWooohoo!! Watch out A. Wintour, Neeti is going to give u a run for your money! BK
ReplyDeleteWhat shall I say -you are very brave to blog! Nice beginning, looking forward to the next one. You go girL!
ReplyDelete